I apologize for not posting much this past week. I have been adjusting to a second job, and my summer classes just began. I will try and keep up in weeks to come. Just in case you’re curious about what a typical day is like for me . . . keep reading to find out!
Friday June 6, 2014
Good morning to me! I woke up & got out of bed around 9:30am. 
During the process of making my coffee, I stopped in the schoolroom to chat with mom about her morning and to wish her a happy birthday. Then I got my coffee and made my bed. Good days always begin with making beds. 
Around 10:30am, I settled in at my desk to begin making phone calls to work & school about various adjustments and questions I had. 
While the top of this list says “SCHOOL,” it actually has nothing to do with actual homework assignments, but everything to do with administration (like registering for classes, answering & writing emails, payments, and logistics). It’s a full-time job in itself!
Somewhere along the way, my sister Faith made Mom a birthday breakfast. This was only part of it. I forgot to take a picture before I started eating. oops!
Next, I worked on my Italian homework, which is online. 
Here are my notes written on the study guides provided by the professor:
Around noon, my family left the house, and I did my makeup, fixed my hair, and got dressed.
Since it was Mom’s birthday, I had planned to bake her cupcakes as a surprise while she was gone. Coming back from Walmart, I snapped this picture of the walkway to the front door-
In the kitchen and ready to start baking-
While I waited on the cupcakes to finish baking, I cleaned the kitchen . . .
. . . and decorated! Here are some of the cards I made to hang up with the streamers:
The finished product-
Just in case you’re wondering- the picture of the child with the Bible is an inside joke with my family. My mom and I take turns hiding it around the house for the other person to find.

And the cupcakes-
I finished just in time! Mom was definitely surprised.
Then, it was time for me to get ready for work.
Before I left, I quickly ate a tortilla snack that I made & drank my iced coffee. 

I worked from 3:30-9:30pm. I had a headache when I got home so I went straight to bed after finishing up some last minute Italian homework. This was my little mess to clean up in the morning. After six hours of hanging clothes, the last thing I want to do when I come home is hang up my own!
I hope you enjoyed reading about my day. If you want to see more “Day in the Life” posts, comment below!